Shapes | Kids Montessori Flash CardsSold Out
The world is made up of so many shapes and, as a child, it’s fascinating to discover them. That’s why Happy Little Doers have introduced ‘Learn by Doing… Shapes’. The pack includes 13 double-sided Montessori style 2D and 3D shapes, shapes to trace, designed specifically to help learn and recognise the number of sides on each shape with a simple dot which multiplies in use of drawing from one point to the other. Learn through playing fun games referenced to explore shapes in everyday objects in nature and indoors. The pack also contains a prewriting card, designed to highlight developmental ages to encourage your child to draw and write independently.
The Learn by Doing… Shapes pack is perfect for preschool (aged 2+), Reception (early years, ages 4-5 years) and Year 1 (ages 5-6 years). The shapes included are: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, sphere, cylinder, pyramid, cone, cube and cuboid. These are the shapes which are covered in the Maths School syllabus (KS1) and are a useful visual aid for Year 2 (ages 6-7 years) when edges, vertices and faces come into play.
WE LOVE TO CONSIDER EVERYTHING…
- The cards have been simply designed
- Black and white high contrast for two-dimensional shapes and simple colours to separate and highlight three-dimensional shapes
- Child-friendly font for ease of legibility
- Each pack comes with 8 fun ways to play and discover shapes, helping to learn in a fun and engaging way
- The rounded edges making them safe and perfect for little hands
- Each card has a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean and used over and over
- Their modern style and lasting finish mean they can be used right through primary school.
- Each pack is supplied in a sturdy recycled keepsake box.
These hands-on cards are ideal to help preschoolers and early years to learn their 2D and 3D shapes, boost confidence, and develop writing skills.